The magic land Assam is a verdant land of the eternal blue hills, a treasure of flora and fauna, a mystic land of tea, the home of one horned rhino"uni-corn", together with a numbers of fairs and festivals. The word Assam is derived from the Sanskrit word "Asom" meaning 'peerless'. The ancient history refers to Assam as Pragjyotishpur, until in 1228, the Ahoms from North Thailand invaded this land and established a kingdom, which came to be known as Assam. So here I was glad to know about the Thai connection with Irene smiling. The irresistible tourist attraction of Assam lies in her immense green stillness, the lush green forest, and the bewildering variety of wildlife.
- Day 01: Welcome to the gate way of seven sisters at Guwahati. Meeting assistance at Guwahati airport and then drive to Kaziranga national park and stay in a colonial style hotel surrounded with beautiful nature.
- Day 02: Take the elephant ride to meet the famous one horned rhinos, spotted deer and buffalos at the world famous Kaziranga national park. During evening enjoy the bonfire and typical bihu dance.
- Day 03: Drive to Nimatighat and take a ferry to the world's largest river island called Mazuli. Meet the Vaishnav monks and witness their beautiful dance and drama during evening prayer and very basic.
- Day 04: During morning take the ferry back to the main land and then drive to beautiful Eco camp near Nameri National park.
- Day 05: Take raft on the Borreli river ( optional) at the foot hills of Himalaya to enjoy the beautiful nature. During afternoon visit Nameri National Park by foot.
- Day 06: During morning drive to Bomdila in Arunachal ( 6hrs drive) . Enjoy the scenic beauty of the crystal clear river and blue hills. Accomodation at a decent hotel at Bomdilla.
- Day 07: Sightseeing tour in and around Bomdila and then drive to Tawang the highest point at Indo China border to meet Monpa tribes.
- Day 08: Visit the oldest monastery in Tawang at attitude of 10,000ft from the sea level and visit 2nd largest Monastery in Tawang.
- Day 09: During morning drive down to the planes at Assam and accommodation in a tea estate near Tezpur.
- Day 10: Proceed to Shillong ,the Scotland of India (8hrs) and enjoy the hill station of north east.
- Day 11: Free day at Shillong for self.
- Day 12: Back to Guwahati and visit Kamakhya Temple famous for shakti worship and Tantrisim then fly to your next destination.